Friday, January 26, 2024

It's Been a While

   It's been quite some time since I've last posted. A little over a year in fact. I went to Gen Con 2023. Despite doing everything correctly, I still wound up over 8,700th in line. All my initial event picks except for Cthulhu Wars and the Fate Core event filled up. I got both those events plus a Never Going Home and Cypher system event. I've decided not to go to Gen Con 2024. Money's been tight and I need to straighten my financial situation out.

  On the Cthulhu Wars front, I got tired of waiting for the Misprint corrections for Daemon Sultan and Bubastis to be mailed and decided to have the Game Steward ship both factions to me and send the corrections when they arrive. It turns out that I waited for no real reason. The Daemon Sultan's faction card had three of their spell book slots labeled Awaken Thesis. A sticker was included that corrected the faction card. The only error for Bubastis was the Ailurophobia spell book. The correct version was posted on the Petersen Games website. It's a minor correction. Both factions are useable as they stand. I bought the Ultimate Errata pack for Cthulhu Wars in order to make sure that my game is the most up to date version. I'm slowly gathering the pieces needed for the Invasion faction. I've purchased the Baphomet mini, 8 Larvae, 4 Gryllus, a Fiend and the Neutral Unit Identifiers. All I need to get is the Invasion Faction (no minis), 1 Fiend, 2 Gryllus and a set of Battle Dice. This could take quite a while because I have to wait for the Cthulhu Wars Kickstarters to complete shipping and the Planet Apocalypse Kickstarter to complete. 

  I saw Gwar again last October. Another great concert. My Kickstarters are proceeding slowly. The Orbidice Kickstarter is proceeding at a decent pace as is the dUltimate. Crossroads Inn has had some changes made but it does appear to be heading towards completion. Wasteland Sagas and When the Wolf Comes are having their books printed. The Game Space Kickstarter is starting to concern me. There have been no updates since Sept. 9th, 2023. They say that the Game Space units have been packed and are ready to ship but nothing's happened since. The Gamer's Bags are being made. Hopefully, they'll start shipping them soon. 

  I had to drop the Quartz insurance plan. They said that the monthly premium would be going up and I figured it wouldn't increase by much. The premium went from $170.79 to over $442.00 a month. What the fuck? Why the massive increase? 

No comments:

Post a Comment