Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Not So Random Musings

   The battery in my Galaxy S8 started expanding causing my phone to split open at the seams. I didn't notice right away because the smartphone case made things look normal. I took it out of the case because I was having problems with the volume controls. I'd try to adjust the volume and the Bixby app would open. It's currently at the Smartphone Repair Center awaiting a new battery. The fingerprint sensor was unresponsive when I turned the phone in. I hope that this is temporary and it will be functional once the phone is fixed.

  This pic was taken with my Galaxy Tab a6 using the 15X macro lens. The mini is a Mega City 1 juve ganger I painted at the Gen Con Paint and Take a few years back.

  My Galaxy Tab a6 suffered from a similar problem a while back. The battery expanded and separated the screen from the tablet housing. It's back in working condition. I've configured this tablet mainly for email, music playing and web browsing. It only has 8Gb of internal memory so I can't put a lot of apps on it. A 64Gb SD card has been installed and the tablet is set to store music, photos and videos there. I also plan on using the tablet as a digital camera. I have an Aukey Ora 2-in-1 lens set I can use with it. It has a 120 degree 0.45X wide angle lens and a 15X macro lens. I originally bought the lens set to use with my Galaxy S8 but the case the phone is in prevents me from mounting the lens on the phone properly. The Tab a6 isn't in a case so the lenses can be used with it.

  I'm getting hit with unexpected bills lately. Aurora just sent a statement about me owing over $1,000. I have no idea what the bill is for since I haven't had any hospital visits since my hip surgery last February. Insurance might cover some of this. My smartphone battery crapping out is also unfortunate. I'm getting tired of these inopportune setbacks.

  My life is too damn boring. It's been nothing but home, work, home, work. Every once in a while I eat out with my parents. I'm going to have to look deeper into Netflix and HBO Max and see what they have to offer. I still need to catch up on Lucifer. I watched the first 2 seasons of Harley Quinn on HBO Max and there are many more DC animated movies there. I'd like to see the first season of Salem but it's on Prime video. Money's been tight and I haven't been getting a lot of hours at work. My availability is wide open. I can be scheduled at pretty much any time although I prefer early shifts. There have been some changes in personnel recently so I'm hoping this will lead to more hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment