Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Random Shit

   I'm presently still convalescing after my Feb. 2nd hip replacement surgery. I'm due to see the orthopedic doctor this Thursday and I'm fairly certain I'll be given a release to return to work. I replaced my old Targus chill mat with a new model. This one is larger, tilts and has 4 USB ports in the rear of the unit. I'm using it right now. My $1,400 stimulus check was deposited into my account. Most of it went to pay for some old medical bills and other necessities. I did indulge myself a little by buying the alternate acolytes and handicap grey acolytes packages for Cthulhu Wars. The handicap acolytes arrived yesterday and the others will be arriving in the next day or so. I've added the standard acolytes for the Daemon Sultan faction, a 6-8 player Earth map game board and Tcho-Tcho expansion set to my Game Steward order. I have no idea when everything I ordered from them will arrive as all of it is based on Kickstarters that have been delayed by the pandemic.

  The Hexacube Kickstarter is getting closer to fulfillment. The seller has received and tested the samples and they passed with flying colors. Now he's negotiating with the manufacturers to get the dice produced. Some progress has also been made with the Go Dice Kickstarter. 

  My federal tax refund hasn't been deposited in my account yet. When I first used the TaxAct software to complete my return, it calculated that I'd get $1,887 back. A day or so later, an update for the program was downloaded and installed. The update lowered my refund from $1,887 to $1,167. I fear that this alteration is what's holding up my refund. I've tried to email and call the IRS with little success. I might have to contact a tax preparation service and get advice from them. I might have to file an amended return.

  My Mom and Dad have gotten their first Covid-19 vaccinations and have scheduled their second shots. They've received the Pfizer version of the vaccine. I'm not yet eligible to receive the vaccine but, as a diabetic, I'm higher up on the list than most other people. There's a chance that I can get the vaccine earlier than I should. I got put on a 'No vaccine left behind' list. If someone can't make it to get their shot, I could get called to get the shot.

  On a political note, 4 former Presidents Carter, Clinton, Bush and Obama, have been trying to encourage people to get the Covid-19 vaccine. Notably absent was Trump. This narcissistic moron won't go on camera and tell his followers to get vaccinated but he sent out a message stating that, without him as President, the vaccine would've been delayed by 5 years or more and most people wouldn't get vaccinated at all. He wants all the credit for the vaccine for a disease that he downplayed most of his term but none of the credit for all people that died from the disease because of his incompetence. 

  The stimulus bill that passed recently went through without any support from the Republicans. Some of these fascist assholes are now trying to take credit for the bill's passage. These motherfuckers want to reap political benefit from a bill they didn't want to pass. They're also against H.R. 1, the voting rights act. The very party that whined about election integrity voted against a bill intended to increase election integrity. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Republicans don't care about America or democracy. All they want is power and to shovel more money into the coffers of the rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment