Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Undergoing Chemo Again

  Tomorrow will my third of twenty chemo treatments. So far, there's not much to report. None of the side effects have kicked in yet but that's simply a matter of time. My hair will, in all likelihood, start falling out sometime in the next three to six weeks. How much nausea I'll suffer remains to be seen. Each session starts out with me receiving anti-nausea drugs and I have three anti-nausea drugs at home; prochlorperazine, ondansetron and Dexamethasone. The first two I take as needed, the last one I take on the Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays after that week's sessions. It's a five days on, sixteen days off cycle. Four cycles total. I'm going to try to work during the 16 day off periods and I'm still thinking that I'll be able to attend GenCon this year. My oncologist worked out the schedule so that GenCon falls during an off period.

No comments:

Post a Comment