Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The Good & The Bad

  It's been a mixed bag in my life lately. On the down side, I was recently found out that I have type 2 diabetes. Not a big surprise given that I'm overweight and drink soda like it's going out of style. It wasn't a question of will I get it but when will I get it. Apparently my diabetes isn't severe enough to require me to take insulin. I've been prescribed the drug metformin to lower my blood sugar levels. I'm going to have to cut down on the soda drinking and possibly modify my diet as well.
  On the plus side, my final payment to Discover card has been posted. The second major source of debt has been eliminated. The GE Money account I have through Pearle Vision is the next to go given that it's fairly low and I have more money to spare. All that will be left then is the Springleaf account. As a reward, I ordered a new zentai for myself. The pattern sort of looks like molten rock. I plan to get a credit card through Educator's Credit Union to replace the defunct cards I paid off. Next year, I will be going back to Gen Con. I haven't been there since 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment