Thursday, January 7, 2021

2020 in Review

   2020 is over. Overall it's been a shit year. My financial situation hasn't been the greatest. The $600 stimulus check helped alleviate my financial woes somewhat. I had more health issues this year. As reported earlier, my gall bladder was removed in mid July. The hip replacement surgery that was to have happened Dec. 21st. was cancelled because the surgeon had some kind of emergency. It's been rescheduled for Feb. 8th. I want to get this done. I'm tired of waiting.

  There was no Gen Con or Ren Faire in 2020 because of the virus. Everything pretty much ground to a halt because of the virus. On the plus side, the election is over and Trump lost big time and the Democrats will control the House, Senate and the Presidency. Some measure of sanity has been restored. But the MAGA maggots still exist and will still cause trouble.

  I'm putting in 40 hours/week at work. My check covering Christmas was quite nice. I'm hoping the New Year's check is nice as well. The $2,000 stimulus checks are closer to becoming a reality now that the Democrats are in control. I could use $2,000 right now.

  The House is currently listening to Representatives regarding the objection to the Pennsylvania Electoral College vote. Now the House is voting regarding the objection. So far, all the Democrats have voted against the objection while most Republicans, at this point, have voted for it. The objection was just voted down by the House. The last states are now being certified. Certification is done. It's official. Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are President elect and Vice President elect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment