Wednesday, May 23, 2018

The Latest News of My World

  I contributed $50.00 to a Kickstarter project put together by Elderwood Academy for Hex Chest mini dice boxes. For my contribution, I'll be receiving a mahogany mini Hex Chest with a beehive interior, Elvish engraving on the lid, a loop attachment and a set of zinc alloy gaming dice with an aged mithril finish. I chose these particular options in order to give the mini Hex Chest a Middle Earth feel to it. The mini Hex Chest has the appearance of something carved by the elves of the Woodland Realm from trees found in Mirkwood while the dice were crafted by dwarves from mithril mined from the depths of Moria before Durin's Bane was unleashed upon it. According to the pledge site, the Hex Chests should start shipping some time in August.
  I also ordered a Spellbook gamer's box from Elderwood Academy. I got a 1.25 in. deep Spellbook with red Dragonskin for the cover, mahogany wood with maple trim, a gold foil spell circle design on the cover with Brother's Book on the spine, an aluminum reflecting pool, blue felt rolling tray interior and dice foam insert. It was ordered May 19th and will take about 8 weeks to arrive because each Spellbook is custom made to order.
  A while back I purchased the limited edition Rock Iconz King Diamond statue from Knucklebonz. Only 1,777 of these have been made and some of them were signed by King Diamond himself and include a certificate of authenticity to prove it. Sadly, I didn't get one of the signed ones. Here's a pic of the statue and the base so you see what number statue it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment