Friday, October 3, 2014

Home from the Hospital

  After spending five days in the hospital, I was released this past Monday afternoon. The surgery went quite well and the healing process continues. The surgery has left 3 small incisions currently being stitched closed by a single staple each. Another incision, held closed by 3 staples, is on the lower lip of my belly button. The longest incision runs between my belly button and sternum. It's about 4 inches long and has about 16 staples closing it. The incisions are healing nicely. The bruising that surrounded them is gone. There's no pain so it's unlikely that I'm going to need to fill the prescription for Percocet I was given when I was discharged. Here's a picture of the incision.
I wonder what it's going to look like once the staples are removed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment