Thursday, September 25, 2014

The Upcoming Surgery

 This is my last blog entry prior to my surgery. My right colectomy, which was originally scheduled for 1:15 pm has been moved up to 11:45 am so I'll be at the hospital at 9:45 am. I'm planning on bringing my iPad with me so I can, hopefully, post a post-op report on how things went. I REALLY want this surgery to go well and be as routine and uncomplicated as possible. For an unknown time after my surgery my bowels will be shut down so I won't be able to eat or drink anything. As soon as I am able, I'll be taking my happy ass over to Red Lobster so I can enjoy a nice Ultimate Feast platter and Cheddar Bay biscuits. After all that I'll be going through I think I deserve some good seafood. I can't say that I'm not worried despite reassurances otherwise. All the pre-op preparations are done. The necessary paperwork has been filled out and turned in. My bowels have been cleaned out and the prescribed pharmaceuticals taken. I'm going to be in the hospital for about a week and at home recovering for about three more weeks after that. How I'll spend all this free time is unknown to me.

  Update: Due to some emergency surgery, my colectomy has been moved back to 1:00 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment